Hello, I’m a Girl Scout Leader reaching out to you from California to give a big thanks! Your wonderful page, http://www.shihtzusbyelaine.com/great-links.html has been immensely useful in helping my Brownie Scouts earn their ‘Pets’ badge. The purpose of the badge is to make sure they know how to keep their pets happy and healthy. To further express our appreciation, my scouts and I thought it would be great if we recommended another resource we found useful in our research. It’s https://www.homeadvisor.com/r/pet-proofing-home-yard/ and it has great information and resources about pet proofing your home & yard. If you decided to add it to your resources, I'd love to show the kids that their suggestion was up and running to help others out. It would really help them feel that they contributed positively to the lives of others. We do our absolute best to follow the Girl Scout slogan of "Do a good turn daily." :) Thank you again and warmest regards, Cindy Powell
Here are some Links I Really like petProductAdvisor.com. We realized that many of the items her team loved could solve some of the common complaints I've heard from readers. I've found that many of the products really save pet owners time, money and frustration. I want to tell you today about the top products that really solve these common problems. 1. The Barker - If your dog is an inappropriate barker, it can g Pet Corrector uses NO electricity, chemicals, or harmful correction methods. 2. The Stinky House - Pets come with odors. It's just a fact of life. Whether it's a stinky couch or a waft of doo-doo on a soiled carpet, these smells are tough to remove. Zero Odor eliminates odor at the molecular level with just a quick spritz. You can use it almost anywhere, and it even takes care of smells such as smoke, food, and skunk. This product is a long-time customer favorite. 3. Hidden Odors - It can impossible to find pet accidents after more than a few minutes. If the spot has disappeared but the smell remains, use this UV flashlight to detect old urine spots for deeper cleaning. See the Urine Detector. 4. Boredom - Got a dog who gets bored easily? A bored dog can easily become bored and naughty without a challenge. This toy offers multiple ways to play with its chewable, bouncy, floppy body that even floats. It's super-tough for even our roughest chewers. Check out the Twiz! 5. Chewers - Some dogs have an appetite for destruction. That's why we bring you the Industrial Ball. Although no dog toy is indestructible, this one's pretty close. It's one of the toughest toys we've seen and it's even made out of recycled material so it's Earth-friendly. 6. Pet Hair - Pet hair gets on everything, and you can't get it off by sheer vacuum power alone. Most vacuum attachments are just not designed to pick up stubborn pet hair. Now you can get it off with this assortment of specialized attachments from Bissell. The Bissell Universal Set fits every major vacuum brand on the market, so they're sure to get the job done.
7. Messy Eaters - An overzealous feeder can scatter food and water all over the floor during dinner time. This not only makes a mess, but can encourage pests and damage your floor. Neater Feeder conveniently prevents stray food and water from hitting the floor for easier cleanup and a healthier home. See the Neater Feeder.
8. Noisy Squeakers - We love it when our dogs have fun playing, but the noises can really get annoying! Hear Doggy's! specialized squeaker makes noises only your dog can hear. Let them play while you enjoy the silence. Our testers loved it so much they begged for more! See the Hear Doggy Toys.
9. Expensive Baths - Grooming costs add up very quickly, especially if your dog loves diving into puddles. Washing your dog at home used to be a pain, but Rapid Bath makes it a snap by attaching to your existing faucet or hose. The soap dispenses right out of the handheld sprayer so you'll have a clean dog in just minutes. Go to Rapid Bath.
10. Stinky Dogs - Many commercial shampoos can make your dog smell like chemicals. If you don't want them on your hair, why would you want them on your pet? Nootie's line of deliciously scented shampoos not only smell great, but they keep your dog's fur glossy and soft. Go to: Nootie.
11. Shedding Pets - All dogs shed and their fur has a way of getting onto everything. Stop the problem at the source by removing loose fur and dander with the Furminator. It's gentle on dogs' skin and coat, and dogs love the way it feels. Go to Furminator.
12. Dirty Paws - You've just come in from a walk on a muddy day, but wait: those dirty paws! Clean them quickly and safely with the Pet Shammy. Keep one by the door use it before heading inside and never wipe up another muddy print again. Go to: Shammy.
I hope these holiday gift suggestions give you some great ideas to help you solve some common pet problems.
Until next time, Dr. Jon
P.S. Are you looking for some great gifts for the dog lovers on your list? Check out these cool gift ideas. Go to: Gifts for Dog Lovers.
P.P.S. There are some great dog toys out this year. Check them out while supplies last. Go to Dog Toys
TODAY'S PET TIP Your Dogs Medicine Cabinet There are some medications that may be helpful to have in your dog's medicine cabinet. They can be used in the case of injury or an emergency. Be sure to check with your veterinarian before giving any medicines to your dog. Your dog's medicine cabinet should have the following items: 3% Hydrogen Peroxide Diphenhydramine Kaopectate Triple Antibiotic Ointment Isopropyl Alcohol Bandages and Tape Oral Dose Syringe/Pill Gun/Pill Splitter